If your kids have attained the age when they should be admitted in a pre-nursery school, they need your guidance in copious amounts. You should therefore help your kids succeed academically as well as in other activities. Let us delve deep into this aspect.
1. Never miss parent-teacher meetings and conferences. This will help you monitor the academic performance of your kids. You can also tell the teachers if your children have any special needs so they can bestow focused attention on the kids.
2. Visit the website of the school as often as possible. Visiting the school regularly is also a great idea. This will help you not only in keeping in constant touch with the teachers but in knowing about the performance, behavior and other activities of your kids. You can know the events that are held as well as test dates by visiting the website of the school.
3. Help your children in their homework tasks. But you should never do the tasks yourself. You should teach them how to do and then, closely monitor as to how they do.
4. Parents have a wrong notion that if their children attain a certain age, they can be admitted in a pre-nursery school. But remember, children are asymmetric and every child has its own unique physical and mental growth. So, you must ascertain if your kids are school ready before admitting them in a pre-nursery school. Of course, by enrolling them in a school, you can help in improving their attention span, focus and memory. But you should do so only if your kids are school ready.
5. Encourage your children not only to play well but to sleep well also. Lack of sleep may negatively impact their performance academically as well as in other activities.
6. Though children may learn many things from pre-nursery school, you should teach them a lot of things at home also. For example, if you teach them organizational skills, they can learn to keep their things in an organized manner.
7. Discipline is as important as academic performance. So, ensure that your kids behave properly with others. Likewise, they should understand the importance of attending their school without any break. Attendance is important in the formal settings of schools and so, never ignore this aspect.
8. Involve them in all the routine domestic activities like gardening, little kitchen tasks, cleaning, etc. This will impart in them responsibility which will impact their performance at their pre-nursery school. You can set an example by involving yourself in school activities.
9. Discuss with your kids about their school, studies and other activities. Encourage them to discuss all the topics openly. Apart from boosting their confidence, this will help them learn proper communication.